Fred Longworth High School
Telephone: 01942 883796
Fax: 01942 897413
E-mail: email@example.com [only for general enquiries] or firstname.lastname@example.org [for technical issues relating to your On-Line reporting SIMS Parent or SIMS Student App account and Show My Homework App].
If you haven’t received an invite to use the SIMS App, use this address to apply (click the e-mail address to compose your message) email@example.com
[You may also click here to fill up a PDF application form, save it and then attach it to the e-mail request.]
The member of staff who deals with queries is Mrs Maher who can be contacted by e-mail at: MaherG@flhs.wigan.sch.uk
Location, Transport and Directions
Any student cycling to school should make sure they have, together with their parents, read and signed our ‘Cycling to School‘ policy and contract.
(Always check with the transport provider for latest timetables and travel news; this information is provided on a ‘best endeavours’ basis – see our legal notice and terms & conditions for more information).
If coming by car please note:
- Much of Tyldesley, including main roads through and around the town centre and residential areas are now subject to 20mph speed limits
- For the latest updates on planned roadworks, see the roadwork bulletin from Wigan Council.
- You can search for the latest roadwork information in Greater Manchester
- You can also use this link to find comprehensive information on current and other roadworks in the region or nationally using ‘roadworks.org‘.
- Visitor parking is limited and spaces are situated outside the main school front security gate entrance.
- Use marked bays only.
- There is a 5 mph speed limit on site.
- Be aware of your surroundings and pedestrians have priority at all times.
- There is NO student pick up / drop off point within the school grounds.
- When approaching by car access school from Castle Street / Tyldesley Road (landmark “ICELAND Store”) into Mill Street then onward to Printshop Lane, and not via Elliott Street / Squires Lane (this is often the entrance that Sat Nav devices bring you in to) as you will not be able to gain access this way.
- Sat Nav – GPS Co-ordinates (Lat: 53.51376678786701, Lng: -2.4785350571471554) may not always highlight the correct route to school, especially during diversions and roadworks.