Fred Longworth High School
The member of staff who deals with queries is Mrs Maher who can be contacted by e-mail at: MaherG@flhs.wigan.sch.uk
Location, Transport and Directions
(Always check with the transport provider for latest timetables and travel news; this information is provided on a ‘best endeavours’ basis – see our legal notice and terms & conditions for more information).
(enter your Postcode or location in the box then click or tap “Get Directions”)
If coming by car please note:
- Much of Tyldesley, including main roads through and around the town centre and residential areas are now subject to 20mph speed limits
- For the latest updates on planned roadworks, see the roadwork bulletin from Wigan Council.
- You can also use this link to find comprehensive information on current and other roadworks in the region or nationally using ‘roadworks.org‘.
- Visitor parking is limited and spaces are situated outside the main school front entrance with disabled parking also availble in the main car park near the main entrance.
- Use marked bays only.
- There is a 5 mph speed limit on site.
- Be aware of your surroundings and pedestrians have priority at all times.
- There is NO student pick up / drop off point within the school grounds.
- When approaching by car access school from Castle Street / Tyldesley Road (landmark “ICELAND Store”) into Mill Street then onward to Printshop Lane, and not via Elliott Street / Squires Lane.
- Sat Nav – GPS Co-ordinates (Lat: 53.51376678786701, Lng: -2.4785350571471554) may not always highlight the correct route to school, especially during diversions and roadworks.