Fred Longworth High School is a Single Academy Trust which converted to academy trust status on 1 September 2011.
The academy was incorporated on 8 August 2011 as a company limited by guarantee with no share capital, registration no: 07733109. The charitable company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association are the primary governing documents of the academy. The trustees are also directors of the charitable company for the purposes of company law. The charitable company is known as Fred Longworth High School.
The members of the Academy Trust are:
- The signatories to the memorandum
- The Chair of Governors
- The Head Teacher
- The Chair of the Committee responsible for financial matters
- The Chair of the Committee responsible for pastoral, welfare and student matters
The Governing Body comprises of:
- 9 Governors elected by the Members
- 4 Staff Governors
- a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 7 Parent Governors
- the Head Teacher
- up to 3 Co-opted Governors
Standards (Chair – Samuel Quigley)
- Provide appropriate support and challenge to ensure high standards of provision;
- Monitor the welfare, progress and achievement of all students and groups, including those from vulnerable groups;
- Ensure that the school’s Quality Assurance systems and procedures are robust and have impact on attainment and the quality of teaching and learning;
- Ensure that safeguarding is robust and effective in keeping children safe;
Business Management Incorporating Audit Committee Function (Chair – Tracy Lamb)
- To ensure that there is effective deployment of all funds available to the school so that they have maximum impact upon teaching, learning and achievement.
- Ensure that the premises are safe and provide an excellent learning environment for students, staff and community groups.
- Comply with the standards of the FMGE (Financial Management & Governance Evaluation)
- To ensure that a programme of reviewing all risks to the academy is in place, including the responsibility for annual and periodic audits.