My child is struggling to type on a tablet, how can I make things easier for them?
Instead of using your devices software keyboard here are a few pointers to help your child to get the most out of using their mobile device to do school work.
- Invest in a bluetooth keyboard, it doesn’t have to cost a great deal of money. A good example can be found here: for Android devices or for iOS devices.
- If you already have a bluetooth keyboard it might work with the mobile device. Try and pair it up!
- You could also invest in a bluetooth mouse, again costs can be kept down to a minimal. Please note that a mouse may not be functional with your device or every App that you use (you will have to consult your devices manual). A good example (other options are available from other stores) can be found here: Bluetooth mouse for mobile devices
- If you can, invest in a case that has either a kick stand or a folding mechanism that has the ability to prop it up on a sturdy flat surface (a table), or purchase a separate stand (other options are available from other stores) see here for an example.
- If you are unable to purchase a new case or a stand simply prop the device up on a sturdy flat surface (a table) against a heavy object like a large book.