It is expected that work is marked with sufficient frequency to maximise learning and progress.
At Fred Longworth High School, we believe that effective assessment. Marking and feedback should:
- Provide clear feedback to students which in turn will lead to students recognising the next steps in their learning and how to take them.
- Help students to know and recognise the standards they are aiming for.
- Develop high standards of presentation and develop the students’ pride in their work.
- Develop students’ literacy skills.
- Promote confidence and the belief in every student that they can improve.
- Allow both the teacher and students to accurately review and reflect on assessment data.