Freddie’s Focus is a weekly publication emailed to all staff every Friday afternoon, under the leadership of a member of the Senior Leadership team. It contains a weekly teaching and learning based question aimed at challenging thinking and encouraging reflection. The publication also contains celebrations and thanks, reminders and a ‘Try if you like’ Teaching and Learning strategy.
The Aim is to:
- Improve communication across school and between SLT and staff;
- Create consistency across the school in terms of what is working well and areas for improvement;
- Provide new Teaching and Learning strategies for staff.
Freddie’s Focus for Staff Feedback:
- 85% of staff surveyed find it useful
- 93% of staff surveyed read it on a weekly basis
Staff found it most beneficial for:
- Sharing of ideas
- Good for consistency and a shared focus
- Communication and feedback from SLT
- Building a sense of community in school
- ‘Good content and well prepared’