Fred Longworth High School
Transport and Directions
You can click here to search for bus timetables and routes or use this link to plan your journey by any form of public transport.
Any student cycling to school should make sure they have, together with their parents, read and signed our ‘Cycling to School‘ policy and contract.
(Always check with the transport provider for latest timetables and travel news; this information is provided on a ‘best endeavours’ basis – see our legal notice and terms & conditions for more information).
If coming by car please note:
- Much of Tyldesley, including main roads through and around the town centre and residential areas are now subject to 20mph speed limits
- Visitor parking is limited and spaces are situated outside the main school front security gate entrance.
- Use marked bays only.
- There is a 5 mph speed limit on site.
- Be aware of your surroundings and pedestrians have priority at all times.
- There is NO student pick up / drop off point within the school grounds.
- When approaching by car access school from Castle Street / Tyldesley Road (landmark “ICELAND Store”) into Mill Street then onward to Printshop Lane, and not via Elliott Street / Squires Lane (this is often the entrance that Sat Nav devices bring you in to) as you will not be able to gain access this way.