EDUCATION PENALTY NOTICE (EPN) WARNING
If a child has 10 sessions of unauthorised absence during any 3 month period, an Education Penalty Notice (EPN) will be issued.
Parents / Carers have a responsibility to contact School on their child’s first day of absence with an explanation and likely duration:
Absence Line: 01942 881986
Please ensure you notify School of any changes to emergency contacts / numbers.
- We have a clear Attendance Policy. We make the decision to authorise absence. In certain cases medical evidence will be requested. Wherever possible please avoid medical / dental appointments during school hours.
- If NO message is received on day one of absence, our Attendance Officer, Ms J Rea, will issue messages via our “InTouch” Messaging System, it is imperative you contact us on day one with a reason for your child’s absence
- If on Day 3 no contact has been made a welfare check will be undertaken by the School.
- Parents are notified of their child’s attendance regularly. i.e. progress review day, parents evening, interim reports and on-line reporting.
- If your child’s attendance becomes a cause for concern, a letter will be emailed or posted to the child’s home address. Parents / carers could be invited to an attendance meeting in School with our Attendance Officer. A home visit could also be undertaken.
- Unauthorised absences may result in a penalty notice being issued / legal court proceedings
If you have any concerns regarding your child’s attendance please do not hesitate to make initial contact with Ms J Rea on 01942 881986.