9th February Supporting Your Child Through Exams
At Fred Longworth High School we are committed to your child achieving their full potential. As we enter the last few months of Year 11, we want to ensure that we are supporting your child’s mental health and wellbeing throughout the exam season.
We work closely with our Mental Health Support Team (MHST) who support many students in school. On Thursday 9th of February at 3.10pm – 4pm we are offering a session for any Year 11 student who would like some top tips about managing stress and anxiety. We know it is a challenging time, and we want our students to be able to use strategies to cope with the exams.
In the evening 6-7pm we are holding a parent only event with MHST. The aims of the session are:
- To develop an understanding of exam stress and anxiety
- To support you to identify signs and symptoms of exam stress and anxiety
- To provide an overview of healthy habits which can support your child’s mental health and wellbeing during the remainder of Y11.
- To provide you with resources and practical tips to support yourself and your child during the exam season.
- To inform you of the support available through the exam season.
Following the presentation there will be an opportunity to speak with the MHST team if you wish.
If you would like to attend, please click the following link to confirm your attendance.
Please comment if there is anything in particular that you want to know about.
Working together, we hope to ensure that your child feels confident, informed, and supported to achieve the best possible outcomes at school.
Director of Inclusion