‘By working together, we enable everyone to experience success, and fulfill their potential within a caring and effective learning environment’
We aim to:
- Enable all students to fulfill their potential by providing a wide range of academic, vocational, aesthetic and sporting opportunities, recognising the importance of non timetabled activities in this respect
- Provide enjoyable and motivating learning experiences
- Ensure that students experience fairness in their treatment as an example of how they should behave towards others
- Develop and accredit personal and social skills
- Provide a caring and disciplined environment
- Contribute towards the national need for a well-trained work force in a world of rapidly changing technologies
- Enable success in public examinations
- Ensure that all students leave with evidence of their skills and achievements
- Recognise that education is a continuing process and ensure that students leave with skills which will enable them to achieve future progression
We believe in treating each student as a unique and valued individual. The curriculum is designed to give students choice and to nurture their talents and abilities, whatever they might be. Outside the classroom, a wide range of extracurricular activities give students even more opportunities to enjoy their school life and develop as confident, talented and creative young people.
Our ethos of “Belonging, Engaging, Succeeding Together” flows through everything we do within school and in the local and wider community. This is recognised by Ofsted, who designate our school as Good, and by Her Majesty The Queen, who honoured our Nowt2Do extracurricular project as recipient of The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service 2013.