For Parents & Carers
For Parents & Carers
Things to celebrate
- This week, we welcomed our Year 11 parents and carers into school for the GCSE launch night. This was a well attended event, and we would like to thank everyone for their support. Apologies for the issues with the parental feedback questionnaire – please use this link to offer your feedback. Many thanks.
- On Monday, a number of our KS4 Dancers took part in workshops across the day. Well done to all involved.
- On Thursday, our MFL team celebrated the European Day of Languages with a series of activities which celebrated the diversity of Europe.
The Y10 rugby team participated in a 3-game tournament at Robin Park. All the players were outstanding, with some great individual performances.
Game 1 (7v7) FLHS 20 – 4 Cansfield
Game 2 (7v7) FLHS 16 – 8 Cansfield
Game 3 (13v13) FLHS 8 – 16 Cansfield
The Y8 football team was involved in a national cup fixture which was a great game with fantastic performances by students. Unfortunately, they lost 5-4 but there were lots of positives to take from the game.
The Y9 rugby team participated in a 4-game tournament at Robin Park. Students who participated showed excellent determination and courage. Well done to those involved.
The Girls U16’s football team played against Flixton High School on Thursday night in the 1st round of the ESFA cup. After a closely contested game, the girls managed to come out on top winning 3-2. Great levels of resilience shown by all involved – well played girls
How we learn
This diagram demonstrates how our memory fades over time. With this in mind, it is vital that we return to things in lessons and through homework so that your child doesn’t forget them completely. We want to make sure that information becomes stored in long-term memory. This is why we design our curriculum in a way that interleaves topics and information.
Interleaving means mixing and interleaving multiple topics or subjects in order to strengthen long term memory.
Homework and Self-directed study
Well done to Year 7 who are top of the attendance table with 98.9%
Top forms of the week – well done to all students!
|7||7RH and 7EF|
Message from the Headteacher
Dear Parents and Carers,
- Friday 13th October: School is only open for Year 11 students 8:55 to 1:20.
- Tuesday 31st October: School reopens for Year 7 and Year 11 only. Students should arrive to school as normal and arrive at school for 8:30.
- Wednesday 1st November: Year 8, Year 9 and Year 10 attend school as normal and arrive for 8:30. Year 7 and Year 11 need to arrive at school for 11:15.
- Thursday 2nd November: The new school opens to all year groups as normal, and all students need to arrive by 8:30.
Finally, I’d like to thank all the parents and carers of Year 11 students who attended our Y11 Launch Evening last night. I hope you found the evening useful and informative. A copy of the presentation both from the Y11 team and MHST can be found below.